Tooth Loss and Your Health:
Tooth loss, whatever the cause, can have such an adverse impact on our well-being, both physically and emotionally. These issues are very serious and can affect us throughout our lives, from having to treat dental infections to suffering from a lack of self-esteem. Dental implants present an incredible solution that combines excellent health benefits with genuinely stunning aesthetics.
Let's learn more about how tooth loss can influence our health:
- Tooth loss can start to affect how you speak and what you can eat. People who are missing teeth often begin to slur their words, making it more difficult to communicate. It can also weaken your bite and make it challenging to keep eating your favorite foods. Dental implants act much like natural tooth roots and support porcelain crowns that mimic natural teeth, and both act to restore functionality that may have been limited before.
- Increased risk of oral infection. A gap between your teeth can act as a "food trap," making it more difficult to reach food particles and other debris when brushing and flossing. People with missing teeth have an increased risk of infections, such as tooth decay and gum disease. This can lead to tissue loss and other dental health problems, raising the costs of treatment over the long-run by requiring more work to keep your well-being on the right path.
- Weakening of the jawbone. Your tooth roots help keep your jaw strong by transmitting the force and energy of your daily routine, including functionality, to hold the bone that holds your teeth in place. Similar to a muscle, the jaw's tissue is strained and then repaired, making it stronger and more durable.
- Premature wrinkling. As your jaw begins to lose shape, the skin around your jawline loosens and the cheeks sag. This can cause premature wrinkling, which hides the shape of your jaw and makes you appear older. By protecting the jaw, dental implants can prevent this issue.
- Reduced self-confidence. Tooth loss can cause a profound change in our social lives and how we feel when there are people around us. It can impact your love life, your friendships, and your career, and can ultimately change how you feel about yourself. We all deserve more confidence and a better life.
- Increased likelihood of pain. Missing teeth expose these openings to the elements. Our nerves travel from our teeth, through the sockets, to the rest of the body, and an empty gap can give reason to greater sensitivity in the affected area. Discomfort, irritation, and pain can result.
- Anxiety and unhappiness. Just by smiling authentically we feel happier. We associate smiling and laughter with positive energy. If we are afraid to smile due to tooth loss, it can be associated with a greater risk of anxiety and depression. By replacing missing teeth with dental implants, you can have a long-lasting, cost-effective, and unbelievably genuine smile.
Why Our Patients Choose Dental Implants:
- Long-lasting: Clinical studies show 15+ year success rates of up to 94 percent.
- Restored functionality: Eat your favorite foods and enjoy conversations with your friends, without having to stress about pain or discomfort.
- Rejuvenation: Prevent premature wrinkling around the jawline and aesthetically enhance your smile, helping you appear younger and more confident. Put that spring back in your step!